Creating Customer and Employee Engagement, by Gary Rhoads
“We are in the business of inspiration”
- Engaging people is about alignment
- When it’s done well, it’s beautiful
What do successful organizations do?
- Talk to the engaged people first – find out WHY they’re engaged
- Look for how to make people smarter/more capable
- Brand champions inside the company should be able to participate in making people smarter
- Fix the worst problems quietly
- Always communicate with internal and external stakeholders
Some behavioral things have emotional connections – like being green. People feel strongly about it, even when they don’t do anything related to it. These things are “Goliaths.” Find a Goliath to slay, and it will connect people.