Value-Based Marketing: How to Rev up Lead Generation and Customer Loyalty, by Shawn McKee, Charlotte Bohnett
Create content that cuts through the noise. that means either…
- A lot of content, or
- Really good content
The bar for quality needs to go across all channels – not just a good white paper!
- Guide people through the funnel
- Like this white paper? Let me send you more.
- Want more of this info? Let’s talk!
- Rework content!
- Make emails into a whitepaper into a webinar
Shorten the funnel – optimize marketing by recognizing your top performing content type (webinars, or whitepapers, or email campaigns) and then drive everything toward that content. Look for topic areas that overlap between audience types, to increase numbers. Then outright ask them if they want to know more about the topic or us.
As a content marketer, you don’t want to be an “icky” salesperson. But you still need to ask if they want to work with you.
- You have to deliver on quality content
- You need a plan for disseminating it after the content is published
- Create nurture campaigns to move beyond publication date
- And then close the deal – ask if they want to work with you
How do you make it happen?
- Play to your strengths
- Think about what technology you have available
- Never forget who you’re serving – think about your customers
- Defer to the data
- Deliver value, and the leads will follow