I love when I can go to one place and find a bajillion useful sites. For example. I’m a big fan of Jon Colman’s Epic List of Content Strategy Resources as well as Megan Whalin’s UI Content Resources. So I decided to create my own.
Here’s a set of content and copywriting resources. It’s designed for content creators who are combining strategic elements and copywriting. I hope it serves you well!
Content 101 (Strategy & Marketing) Resources
These are a sort of “if you read nothing else” assortment. They focus on strategy and marketing. To that end, Jon Colman’s list is in this list (meta, I know). But there are also overviews and sets of examples and documents.
- A Content Strategy Roadmap, Brain Traffic
- The Epic List of Content Strategy Resources, Jonathon Colman
- 100 Content Marketing Examples, CMI
- The Grande Guide to B2B Content Marketing, Eloqua
- 2013 State of Inbound Marketing, HubSpot
- 44 Content Marketing Resources, KISSmetrics
- Content Strategy Examples and Documents, Leap of Faith Web Design
Tone and Voice Resources
These resources focus on the branding side of content and copywriting. So each of these links is a different set of guidelines or an example of voice and tone done well.
- A Simple Tool to Guide Tone of Voice, GatherContent
- 7 Ways to Perfect Your Writing Tone, Writer’s Digest
- All About Tone (in SEO writing), webmechanix
- Voice and Tone, Mailchimp
Copywriting, UX writing, or content creation. However you view it, there is power in words. With these guidelines you can get a sense of the right terminology to use.
- Scientific Copywriting, CopyBlogger
- How to Write with Style, BrainPickings/Kurt Vonnegut
- 37 Tips, CopyBlogger
- 317 Power Words, Boost Blog Traffic
- The 4 types of Website Users, TimeforCake
Social Media Resources
Lastly, a set of social media recommendations from sites such as LinkedIn and Mashable. Improve your content marketing by connecting with consumers!
- Social Media Web Guidelines and Strategy Worksheets, Joe Hoover
- LinkedIn Best Practices, LinkedIn
- Social Media Policy Musts, Mashable
- Social Media Automation Strategy, Buffer